[OM] Poser #2: DOF button can trigger shutter!!?

Subject: [OM] Poser #2: DOF button can trigger shutter!!?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:06:25 -0500
The 50/1.4 lens I got with my 4T seemed to have a somewhat sluggish
iris.  Thinking it might be wise to 'work' it, I stopped it down a
pressed the DOF button quickly numerous times.  After approximately a
half dozen actuations, the shutter fired.  Assuming I accidentally hit
the shutter release, I advanced the film and did it again and
duplicated the effect.

The other lens does NOT do this.

Is this a feature?

BTW, did/do any of the third party lenses made for OM mount have DOF
buttons?  I know the couple Tamrons I own do not.

TIA!/ScottGee1