[OM] software patents - EU Legislation

Subject: [OM] software patents - EU Legislation
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:35:59 -0800 (PST)
Let me guess...
A very slight fever if any, body stiff as a tree trunk and very, very achy,
especially the back and the back side of the legs.  If you decide to do any
physical activity, you are swimming in cold sweat and suffer of shortness of
breath...
I am sure that I am not off by much.
I wish you speedy recovery, but you might need the help of the antibiotics.
Also hot (yes hot) red wine with some spices in it might help.  Here are a
couple of classic Bulgarian recipes for you:
1L red wine
4-5 Cloves
Cinnamon sticks, I don't know how much, because I hate it...
15-20 whole peppercorns
2 Apples
2 Lemon wedges
There are two schools of thought how to prepare it:
a)  Cut the apples in squares, combine all the ingredients and bring just to a
boil, take it off.  Do this two more times.
I think this is an inferior method and the resulting liquid is good only to
water the vine in the backyard with...:)
b)  Cut the apples in squares, combine all the ingredients with the exception
of the lemons, cover and leave overnight.  Next day add the lemons and heat up
to about 70-80 degrees Celsius.  Keep the rind on the lemon wedges, very
important as it releases very pleasant aromas once heated...
If you really cant wait, just heat up the wine just before it boils and grind
some black pepper in it, and you will be just as happy (at the end)
If you really want to get fancy, go and get from your local international store
a bottle of red Bulgarian Pelin.  This is a wine that you usually drink warm,
much better than the above or anything else, ever.  The only thing I know about
it is that is made out of a particular kind of grape and a little sack with
proprietary herbs such as, St, John's Worth, Thyme etc. added during ageing,
nothing exotic.  Or you can search for a Glögg on the net if you want to stick
with the northern part of Europe...:)
I would not recommend it as a supplement to your antibiotics diet (or any
alcohol...)
Get well soon
Boris
P.S.  I drink this after spending long time with my OM's in the cold, windy
winter days by the sea, trying to capture those lighthouse images (the
mandatory OM content just in case you were wandering where this email was
going...)