[OM] Re: new member

Subject: [OM] Re: new member
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:56:18 -0800 (PST)
Thomas Clausen wrote:

>Hey, I used to *live* and *study* there.....it's a good place....for
>studying.....since there's nothing (and I mean *NOTHING*) else to do.
>I took (believe it or not) LESS than one film in that city. Just
>getting out of there fast was encouragement to finish your
thesis....;)

This was the biggest part of what others describe as cultural shock, I lived in
Cincinnati for two years and then moved to St. Louis and felt the same way
(aside from the strange architectural tastes...:).  Now I live in RI an hour
away from downtown Boston.  Boston is as close as it gets to what you and I are
used to and helps me stay somewhat sane.
Boris