[OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip - which model?

Subject: [OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip - which model?
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:58:30 -0800
Does anyone on the list who's interested in this venture NOT own a Zuiko
50/1.8?

Conceptually, my vote would be to have the camera and lens be the same, just
the locations be different. Which would mean shipping the whole kit.

However, if everyone had a 50/1/8 available, we could do the OM-1, and
50/1.8 lens without incurring the postage penalty of shipping both lens and
body. And there's something attractive to me about the idea of seeing all
those photos with different iterations of the same lens.

Otherwise, the Trip 35 sounds peachy to me.

And I too am happy to do whatever pleases everyone. I think it's a great
idea no matter how it is accomplished.

Rob in Seattle