[OM] Re: Question about fixing a T-20 Flash shoe

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about fixing a T-20 Flash shoe
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:45:26 -0600
Remove the battery door and batteries.  Inside the battery chamber is a
screw that holds the top cover on -- remove it, squeeze the top cover on the
sides and lift it off, back end first.  There is a flat spring inside the
end of the slot where the calculator panel goes that will be loose -- lift
it out.

You will first need to discharge the main cap with an appropriate resistor
across the red and black wire from the main cap.  Then remove the two screws
that hold the top circuit in place.  Lift the top circuit up, being careful
not to short the large aluminum heat sink on the right side against anything
important.  Now you can carefully work out the flash tube/reflector
assembly, and then the main cap.

Behind the main cap is a red insulating card -- carefully work it out, then
use your discharge resistor to discharge the large yellow trigger cap on the
front side of the rear flash circuit.  Then you can safely work the rear
circuit up enough to access the four screws that hold the flash shoe's base
onto the bottom of the flash.  You can get to two of the screws with the
board pushed back, and two with the board push forward.

When replacing the rear circuit, be sure that the tab on the sliding switch
that selects the mode is in the fork of the selector on the back of the
flash.

Good luck!