[OM] Re: Oly beats Canon...(long)

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly beats Canon...(long)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:01:44 +0000
Well, in order to make sure I'm not exaggerating, which I sometimes do, I just
took a peek, with glasses in place, through the viewfinder of the silver OM-1n
with 50/1.8 silvernose shown in my TOPE 21.  Yep, I can see it all.  And a
little more besides, like the meter and a fair amount of black nothing.

Winsor, I've never seen you, but could it be that you're kin to the news
director at the first TV station I worked for, a fine and funny man by the name
of Lee "Corky" Hoover, who had deep-set eyes and bushy eyebrows, so much so
that when face-to-face with him, it seemed like he was looking at you from deep
in a cave?  I'm not what anyone would consider "pop-eyed," but wearing
semi-flexible, metal-rimmed bi-focals, I can squish the left lens (I'm
left-eyed) up enough against my face to see the entire viewfinder.  Maybe I'm
just built funny.  :-)

Walt, who has OM eyes

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from