[OM] Re: Oly beats Canon...(long)

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly beats Canon...(long)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:08:21 -0800 (PST)
> Why not just do more magnification? There is only so much
> light in an
> image. If you take the center portion and expand it to fill
> the
> eyepiece it will be dim.

Only if you fail to increase the "aperture" of the eyepiece. The
eyepiece is a lens, like any camera lens. A wide-angle lens
isn't dimmer than a telephoto lens. F4 is F4 no matter the
length.

At issue is something else. I believe that the manufacturers are
addressing the needs of eyeglass wearers. You can either make
the exit pupil larger or you need to shrink the screen. Thanks
to computers, more of us are wearing glasses than ever.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com