[OM] Re: OT: Tilley Hats, was OM1 light meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Tilley Hats, was OM1 light meter
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:39:02 +0000
So true!  I mourned the demise of EB for years every time I put on my
20-year-old raincoat with the zip-out goose down lining that I bought back when
EB's advertising still proclaimed that they were the "worlds foremost
expedition outfitters."  Now they're just a different version of Abercrobe &
Flinch, the Gap, and any number of other purveyors of casual indoor clothing.

My choices for quality outdoor gear are, in order of preference, Cabela's,
Orvis, L.L. Bean, or the Bass Pro Shops.  Some folks swear by REI, but I find
them to be just a little too pretentious and trendy for an old hillbilly like
me.  Besides, they want me to "join" to get better deals, and I don't join
anything anymore.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from