[OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:15:18 -0000
Customs duty-free limit for gifts imported to EU is €45 - around USD60.  It
would be wise to circulate the camera within Europe without excursions
outside the EU customs territory to minimise the opportunities for duty to
be charged.

It might also be wise to work out which countries' postal administrations
have the best and worst shipping rates, so that the trips from expensive
shipping countries go to short haul destinations, and vice versa.  I have
Germany in mind as an expensive place from which to ship - perhaps not
unconnected with the fact that German Post owns DHL.

Sending OM-1 with 50/1.8 by air mail small packet from UK will cost between
GBP5 and GBP10 depending on packed weight and destination.

--
Piers