[OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:38:58 -0800
Andrew McPhee wrote:

>So here's some questions I'd like answered:
>
>Should we do this?

Sure, sounds like fun!

>What camera should we use?

Although the list often encompasses may things non Oly and clearly
includes many non-OM Oly threads, isn't it at the core an OM list? I'd
vote for an OM-1, the original OM. It could be sent about with a 50/1.8
bodycap, with participants invited to use it and/or any OM lens they
have. I'd be happy to lend a body and lens. If it comes back eventually
as a world traveller, I can sit down and listen to the tales it has to
tell. If not, that's ok too, I'd just hope that the tale of its loss
turns out to be interesting. Batteries shouldn't be a problem, they last
forever in an OM-1.

It's sort of like the local comic strip years ago. There was a story arc
interspersed with other things about a rural fellow who was eating an
old Rambler car bit by bit. The reporter there when he swallowed the
last bolt asked him is there was anything he regretted about what he had
done. The answer: "Wow, I could 'a had a V8!", accompanied with head
slap. That's sort of what sending an RC, XA1, etc. around sounds like to
me. Like the Hokey-Pokey, the OM is what it's all about.

>What do you think about the rules - discussion is most welcome.

Sound good to me.

>And finally...who wants to participate?

Above rant aside, I'm in - whatever the Oly camera.

Heck, Walt can send his new RB67 around and I'd try that too, although I
know where I could borrow one here.

Moose