[OM] hpsonline.org - was: Re: A brief rambling on digital imaging, Barry

Subject: [OM] hpsonline.org - was: Re: A brief rambling on digital imaging, Barry's old truck and other stuff . . .
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:23:11 -0600
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:46:15 EST, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

>As most know I am a member of a photography society and have encouraged
>others on the list to look at the possibilty such organizations might have for
>
>them.

Apparently not just a member - El Presidente!

>An ongoing conversation, which has had a bit of life the last few days, is
>one of what can digital do better than film.  Although some may not like  the
>images, my current gallery will, to some degree, answer that  question.

Beautiful work. I'm afraid that I'm too rooted in representational art to
produce such abstract work, but I can very much appreciate it as a viewer. I'm
very
impressed.

>These galleries are a "quick read" and I would encourage you to take a look
>at all of them.  The photographers are people who come from a variety  of
>vocational backgrounds, which include professional photographer, medical
>doctor,
>O.R. nurse, geophysics professor, prison shop supervisor, engineer,  medical
>school professor, insurance agent and so on. All do a pretty good  job behind
>camera.

Yes they do - I enjoyed the gallery. Each artist's individual style really
stands out.

>I mentioned Barry's truck.  Take a look at Colin Zelt's work and you  can see
>what he does with old trucks.  He has done a whole series on  them.  He does
>some beautiful work as do the others.   Bill  Barber

Very nice work! I  hate to compare my grab shot to his beautifully composed and
exposed work. I especially like the train passing the old building.
Simultaneously nostalgic and surreal.

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company