[OM] Re: The eBay millionaire next door; was REAL photographers use film

Subject: [OM] Re: The eBay millionaire next door; was REAL photographers use film!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:11:53 EST

In a message dated 3/14/2005 10:02:37 PM Central Standard Time,
oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Buying a  McMANSION from Eb*y sales?...I wish it could be that  easy!!

Well, I don't know about McMansion, however I do have a friend who has for
the past three years or so supported his wife and two children from ebay.
Quit his job as an engineer to do it.  One piece of advice I gave them as  they
were starting was to sell expensive stuff rather than the garage sale stuff
the started out with.  The idea being that it was going to take just as  much
time to market a $10 item as it would a $1500 item.  They now are  selling
stuff
that is in the $1000 to $2500 range and doing well.  Not  getting rich, but
doing well.  I'm sure it could be done.  What's your  vision?  Bill Barber