[OM] Re: REAL photographers can apologize

Subject: [OM] Re: REAL photographers can apologize
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:05:13 -0800 (PST)
Walt,

I was never bothered by anything you wrote.  As a matter of fact, I
usually find your posts quite entertaining or informative.

Sorry to hear that those whose lives were lost were aquaintances of
yours.  I know a little of what you are going through as my wife went
through a similar situation a few years back at Simon's Rock college.
A student went on the rampage with an assault rifle and took the life
of a professor and student, both aquaintances of my wife.  It affected
her greatly and is a time I'd rather forget about.

Richard

--- Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I stirred things up too much yesterday, insulted anyone, offended
> some, or even pissed off half the list, I beg the pardon of any so
> affected.  Two of the people killed Friday morning in the courthouse
> shooting in Atlanta, while not close friends, were long-time
> acquaintances of mine: Judge Rowland Barnes and court reporter Julie
> Brandau.  I've had lunch on a number of occasions with them.  Judge
> Barnes was, like me, a lover of good Mexican fare.
>
> After 36 hours of wall-to-wall TV coverage, once the perp was caught
> and I took off my holster and Glock and unlocked the front door,
> fatigue, anger and frustration, plus a beer, or several, resulted in
> my looking for a diversion other than TV coverage of college
> basketball tournaments and a way to let off some steam.  You guys
> were available.
>
> I would say it won't ever happen again, but I'm too prone to go off
> half cocked occasionally to make such a rash promise.  :-)
>
> Film's still better, though.

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs