[OM] [OT] not really Re: REAL photographers use film!

Subject: [OM] [OT] not really Re: REAL photographers use film!
From: Jonas Otter <jonas@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:36:51 +0100
hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman) encoded his thoughts into the following
ASCII:

> (snip)
> we are becoming surrounded by the million-dollar McMansions of the affluent
> (mostly
> Republicans, I would guess)
> (end snip)

At the risk of being sought out by a crowd of irate US citizens, tarred,
feathered and hanged by the neck, could some US American please explain
this to me:

During the Civil War, those who fought slavery, defended civil rights
and stood for what I thought were liberal opinions were the Republicans,
whereas the Democrats were the conservatives.

Today, the conservatives and those who wave Confederate flags etc are
the Republicans, whereas the Democrats are the liberals.

Why this complete turnaround, and how did it happen? Does no-one ever
notice the inconsistency of it?

Sticking my neck out,
Jonas