[OM] Re: Tamron 43mm filter CIRC POLARIZER for 300mm f2.8 lens +

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 43mm filter CIRC POLARIZER for 300mm f2.8 lens +
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:55:39 -0500
As CH said this and many other large tele lenses use a filter that is at the
rear of the lens. The Tamron 300mm f2.8 uses a 43mm filter holder at the
back end. The polarizer has to be very thin (thinner than most 'thin' PL
filters in fact). The front end is I believe either 115mm or 100mm filter.
Try pricing a decent 100mm PL filter sometime and see why the rear filter is
so much easier to afford, even at the $85 BIN of that Moose found. For the
front end there are Tamron UV filters floating around, but most I have heard
remove them for shooting unless in a harsh environment.

Dan S.