[OM] Re: death valley

Subject: [OM] Re: death valley
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:55:06 +1100
Yes - that happens in the Australian centre from time to time. It can
be amazing how much live and viable seed is in the ground/sand. We also
have frogs and fish that encyst in mud just waiting, waiting. When
calicivirus took out the rabbits in arid areas here, some sand deserts
suddenly turned into arid grasslands and the locals had to establish
fire brigades for the first time.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
AndrewF