[OM] Re: Velvia

Subject: [OM] Re: Velvia
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:40:56 -0700
At 01:26 PM 11/03/2005, you wrote:
>I picked this up on another forum:
>
>Reports out of Fujifilm seem to indicate that they will only make
>Velvia 50 for about another year, as they no longer can get a key
>ingredient and that's all they have in stock. Velvia 50 will apparently
>be replaced by a Velvia 100 (not the F version currently available,
>which isn't particularly Velvia like IMHO).

Which "key ingredient" could *possibly* be unavailable?  What are they
using -- transuranic elements created in nanogram quantities inside breeder
reactors?

I suspect that the problem's more like an economic one -- they can no
longer make the film economically once they have to buy new stock of this
secret ingredient...

Garth