[OM] Re: Reserve prices on that site Was: Jez's OM gear for sale

Subject: [OM] Re: Reserve prices on that site Was: Jez's OM gear for sale
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:28:05 +0100
Well I'm new to ebay selling but it always seemed to me in live auctions (you
know, where you buy cattle and antiques) that if everyone knew that someone
would be happy with X (his reserve) then they'll not bid much higher.  I
realise now that ebay is NOT like a real auction and I guess I tend to agree.
But I really don't know the strategy to follow about setting a reserve next
time...  Some say don't put in a reserve but make your opening bid at that
price.  ??
br
jez