[OM] Re: (2) SR44 vs (1) CR1/3N in OM-4Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: (2) SR44 vs (1) CR1/3N in OM-4Ti
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 18:51:15 -0800
Moose wrote:

>>I've noticed that the Eveready package is now marked 303/357 (or is it
>>357/303?). Is this the same battery?
>>
>No, it isn't! However, it appears that the Bunny is abandoning us. On
>the Energizer web site, the 303 and 357 have disappeared and been
>replaced with a combo 357-303. The good news is that it is a
>'high-drain' design, which is necessary for OM bodies.. The bad news is
>that it no longer has a long flat discharge curve like both the 303 and
>357, but one much like the EPX76, pretty flat out to about 400 hours,
>then tapering off thereafter.
>
>The 357 was essentially flat out to 700 hours. The new battery isn't
>going to give service as long and stable as the discontinued design.

Further on the battery front. Sony specs seem to say that the Sony SR44W
may now be the best batteries for our OMs. High drain design with a nice
flat discharge curve
<http://www.sony.net/Products/MicroBattery/sr/spec.html>. I know John H.
sent some of these with something I bought from him a while ago. You do
not want the SR44SW, which is the low drain version.

Moose