[OM] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:37:26 -0500
With respect to my ragging on Sony for proprietary designs, Earl asks:

As in their proprietary Trinitron or Wega TVs?

No, the Trinitron tube is not proprietary in the sense that I mean.  It
happens to be an excellent picture tube that responds to analog RGB
signals just like other picture tubes do.  However, if Sony could figure
out how to control the environment beyond the TV set I'm sure they would
make Trinitron TV sets that received Sony proprietary signal formats
broadcast by Sony studios and plugged into Sony proprietary power outlets.

Chuck Norcutt