[OM] OT.. Definitions and Scanner Problems

Subject: [OM] OT.. Definitions and Scanner Problems
From: "robert smith" <robnruth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 23:53:20 -0000
As a newbee listee I am wondering if I am doing the right thing by typing
'[OM]' in theSubject box for all my messages?
Is this the purpose of this to allow any list massage to be easily identified
in Outlook (or similar)?
Does OT stand for Off Track? or something else?

Does anyone else have a Plustek Optic Pro 4830p scanner running using windows
2000?
As far as I can remember it worked really well under Windows 98 but does not
under Win 2000 with the drivers I have.
I am sure I will be frowned upon by some of you for having such an old decrepid
scanner but I know it works and refuse to part with it until I know how well or
badly it scans.
I have downloaded several drivers from different sites but they just produce
similar error messages.
Any clues anyone? or it goes in the Scouts jumble sale box.

Rob