[OM] Re: OT - C*non EOS Adaptall - price?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - C*non EOS Adaptall - price?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:20:26 -0800
Jeff Keller wrote:

>The C*non EOS Adaptall was mentioned as being rare. Does anyone have any
>idea what they sell for?

As Piers says, the combination of a Tamron M42 thread Adaptall2 and an
M42 to EOS adapter is the way to go... BUT, you must get the correct
kind of M42=>EOS adapter!

I have less than $40 in my combo adapter pieces, but I spent more than
that by buying the wrong M42=>EOS adapter the first time. Quoting from
my own post last year:
If you do go this route, be aware that most M42=>EOS adapters out there
don't press the stop down pin on the back of auto diaphram lenses that
don't have a manual/auto switch, which includes Tamrons with M42
adaptall2s, so they can't be stopped down at all on an EOS - not really
usable. The ones branded "Jolos", which is what I have now, some that
were coming from the Ukraine and some colorful anodized German ones on
eBay, have a lip at the back with a smaller opening than the M42
threads, which pushes in the pin, so they stop down properly for this use.

Also, to use them on EOS bodies with the EF-S mount (D300 & D20), one
needs to insulate the back with a piece of tape; otherwise it shorts
some of the lens connection pins, resulting in serious overexposure.
With those 2 issues addressed, the 2 adapter stack solution workes
perfectly. (This is actually the best solution for the 90/2.5 Model 52B
with the 49mm filter thread. The OM=>EOS adapters don't push the
aperture closing tab
all the way on this lens, so the smallest apertures aren't available.)

Moose