[OM] packing in the digital transition age

Subject: [OM] packing in the digital transition age
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarrior@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:17:56 -0600
It used to be simple.  Two OM bodies and a selection of lenses for the
expected subjects.  Not now.  Packing for Washington, two OM-4Ts, 16,
21, 24, 50, 100, 180, 400/4 Tamron.  Then the digital infrared camera
with filter.  Then the 8 Mpx everything else digital camera.  Two
kinds of digital batteries.  Lots of batteries.  All of the CF cards I
have, oops can't find one of the little buggers.  Go buy another.
Tripods.  Still have get my Provia past TSA.

Why take the 100 and 180 when you'll have the 28-200 equiv digicam?  I
don't know.  Habit.  Maybe I'll see something that needs film for a
really big enlargement; after all, I'll have two OMs.  Why take the
film at all?  Well, I'll be shooting by the runway at Pax River, so I
need the big Tamron.  And I'll get to shoot after hours in the Air &
Space Museum so I need the wides - digital doesn't do that, at least
with what I have available or can afford.

Worst of all possible worlds.  I think I'll crawl into a dark closet
with my red leather OM-1n and a silvernose to think this through.

Gary Edwards