[OM] Re: Still in the fold - new E1

Subject: [OM] Re: Still in the fold - new E1
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:18:12 -0800
Congratulations, Barry!  Woo hoo indeed!   I think you'll get a lot of good
times and good images out of your E-1.

If we want to use our OM lenses, E-system or Can*n EOS are the logical
choices.  The OM lenses work well, within certain limits, many of which are
no problem to an experienced photographer.

I tried 'em all before I bought the E-1.  The only two DSLR viewfinders I
could stand were the E-1 and the Pentax *ist D.  Other considerations were
much as you outlined.  Most of the current DSLRs are good cameras, all will
take good pictures, and each has their strengths and weaknesses.  The E-1
size, weight, weather sealing, ergonomics quality of optics a sensor
dustbuster and a free OM adapter to recommend it.  Can*n is better at high
ISOs (IF you don't mind a plastic quality that you can't turn off).  The
E-1 can give decent high ISO performance if you expose well, the apply Neat
Image or Noise Ninja very judiciously, eliminate all the color noise but
only about 1/4 of the luminance noise.  The result looks like 400 or 800
film at ISO 800 or 1600.  Quite usable, with a bit better detail along with
the tad more noise.;

Enjoy, and let us see the fruits of your enjoyment.

--Peter