[OM] Re: Interisland

Subject: [OM] Re: Interisland
From: Chris Savage <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:35:34 +0000
Mike wrote:

>Here is the response I received from Paul at interisland.net. If this
>pertains to any of you and you actually _want_ to access interisland.net
>then let me know and we'll see if you can get whitelisted.
>
>Mike
>

>>>From the information you sent, I cannot find any reason they cannot
>>access us. I do block the following IP blocks:
>>80.0.0.0
>>81.0.0.0
>>82.0.0.0
>>83.0.0.0
>>84.0.0.0
>>85.0.0.0
>>If these user are getting any of these IPs then they are blocked. I
>>have had too many problems come from these countries and have never
>>had any help from them at resolving their users abusive netowork
>>behavior. If this is the case, then let me know what IP they are
>>getting and I will see if I can add them to a whitelist.
>>
>>Paul

Somebody needs a good whack around the head with the cluebat. By what
deranged process has he arrived at the conclusion that these blocks
relate to countries?

e.g. savvo.co.uk has a permanent IP in the block 81.187.0.0/16 assigned
to AAISP in the UK, 81.0.0.0/19 and 81.0.32/19 are assigned to Tiscali
in Spain 81.0.64.0/29 belongs to a lawyer in Budapest.

And why does he imagine that the existence of spammers in one country
taints the entire nation? By that logic he should be physically removing
his machines from his net connection to avoid any contact with US
netizens. Or getting a job with Verizon.

--
Chris