[OM] Re: Polaroid

Subject: [OM] Re: Polaroid
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:39:31 -0800
I thought that the Polaroid was mainly interesting because of the
cutting edge sensor design and that a company that I thought had gone
completely belly up was issuing a camera.

I have a problem with any camera with a sensor smaller than the 1 1/8
inch variety.  A smaller sensor like the Minolta's Z5 is tiny by
comparison and practically unusable because of noise at other than the
base ISO which is usually 50. It may be OK if you just take snap shots
and restrict yourself to good lighting and 4X6 prints or on line use.

An Oly C-5060 would be a lot more capable. A guy using it in Iraq won
magazine photographer of the year with it. Wish I could remember his
name.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA