[OM] advantage of higher res. scan when downsampling?

Subject: [OM] advantage of higher res. scan when downsampling?
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 05:03:31 -0800
is there any technical reason to prefer higher resolution scans if the end
product is web-gallery use? 1800x1200 vs 3600x2400 roughly, say? the
former resolution scans cost 3$/roll over and above developing at sams,
the latter 9$/roll. it does give me more flexibility in cropping should
that need arise, but anything else? both are JPEG format (i KNOW i read
that fuji frontier can output to lossless TIFF format on photo.net
threads, but i guess it depend on how well the operator knows the machine,
in my case they said they can do high res, not lossless).

--
/S
aim:iddibhai