[OM] Photography with technology from three centuries

Subject: [OM] Photography with technology from three centuries
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:20:16 EST
Well, as some of you know, my images sometimes don't exactly stay within  the
lines.  Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against "straight"  photography,
of which over 90% of my work consists.  A little  over a year ago I became the
owner of a Zero Image pin hole camera and  didn't use it until recently.
Interesting results.  Shot  some B&W and printed a photo of the Battleship
Texas
(WW I  vintage) and had it sepia toned.  I was pleased and that is naturally
who I was most concerned about pleasing.  So I used a pinhole camera with
using 120 Tmax 100, a digital spotmeter, with the camera mounted on my tripod
and
leveled with a two way bubble level. Used an OM 2S with 21mm mounted as a
viewfinder. That got the old wheels turning and I ordered up one of those nifty

pin hole body cap deals for the OM, which I promptly mounted on my e-1 with
the 4/3 OM adapter and started making some e-1 pin hole images.  Just  printed
the first one tonight and I must say, it is pretty cool.  I printed  it in
color and it looks more like a pastel or water color than a  photograph.  A
most
pleasing image that I will post to a website and give  you folks the address
in the next few days.  It was shot at sunrise along  the river that flows down
to the Coors plant in Golden, Colorado so I guess I  could enter it in the
next TOPE although it was done a few weeks early.   You e-1 folks and OM people
too may want to put this on your list of a maybe one  day project.  The e-1
folks with instant feedback would likely be very  pleased.  Yep, still having a
blast with the e-1.  Bill  Barber