[OM] Re: F.AC 2 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: F.AC 2 questions
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:18:57 +0100
Simon Worby wrote:
> Flash AC Adapter 2
> 1. Why no whistling noise when capcitor being charged from adapter?
> 2. When with batteries and AC connector, there is a whistling. Does this
> mean it's not using the AC adapter to charge the flash unit?

As I understand, the noise is made by the
circuits 'creating' high voltage from low
battery voltage. Sound varies with filling
of capacitor. AC delivers the high voltage
right from the plug. If both -- batteries
and AC -- are used, both 'do their job',
so you still hear that volt-converter howl ...

Andreas