[OM] Re: F.AC 2 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: F.AC 2 questions
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:37:26 +0000
Simon,

I never really thought about it; didn't care as long as the flash got charged.
Out of curiosity, though, I just now tried one on a T45 and a T32.  The T45
didn't make a sound at all, but the T32 whined with the adapter when there were
batteries installed, but not at all when the batteries were removed.  I
would've tried the same experiment on a T20, but since it doesn't have a "test"
button, it's too much of a PITA, so no data available.  And one more bit of
useless information: the T45 doesn't whine or whistle when charging from a
Quantum Turbo battery pack either.  I don't know how it sounds with one of its
own NiCd packs since both mine are long dead and gone.

I'm sure one of the electronic whizzes here will tell you everything you ever
wanted to know, and more, about the whys and why nots of whistling and whining,
but if the "ready" light comes on, unless there's a sizzling, crackling and
popping sound, accompanied by smoke and smell, I wouldn't sweat the details.
Ignorance is bliss, as I'm jolly good proof of.

Walt, again using a preposition to end a sentence up with

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>