[OM] Re: Go Kits and multi-camera shooting

Subject: [OM] Re: Go Kits and multi-camera shooting
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:26:22 -0400
I'm trying to plan ahead for a 3 week trip to Bolivia in April. I'd sooner
leave it at home, but it looks as if the C5050 will have to come along this
time as I will need digital pics for the web for a project I have planned.
(I never did get the HP scanner working after the last computer (virus)
crash.) However, I can obviously get all the prints I need from the C5050,
so won't have to take a camera just for print film this time.

But I will definitely need to take slides, so I want to take an Olympus
Epic/2.8 for the times when I need a really compact with built-in flash. And
I'd like to take an Olympus 35RC and/or 35ED for "pocket" cameras, as they
are suitable for discreet street shooting. Also I need the ability to attach
81a filters for outdoor pics because of the 10,000 + foot altitudes. Another
note in their favor is that they are more dispensable for times and places
when a camera might get lifted, and they aren't exactly high targets for
thieves anyways. I'd also take my Olympus S20 flash for the rangefinders, as
it is sooo small, and has a GN of 20 - great little flash.

So the question is becoming, can I get by without taking any OM kit at all.
Last year I took an OM2s, 17/3.5, 28/2, 35/2.8, 50/1.8, 100/2.8, and t20. I
really can't seem to see how I can carry it all this time, nor have I
resolved how to get by without it. But something has to stay behind. Last
year it was the digital camera that stayed behind.

Wayne