[OM] Re: #038

Subject: [OM] Re: #038
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:41:52 -0800
At 08:27 PM 2/8/2005, you wrote:
>Siddiq wrote:
>
> >what's the little house in the middle of the pond? btw, that telephone
> >booth, i like it a lot, but the red is rather distracting, first thing I
> >looked at when the page loaded.
> >
>Yeah, Graham, and while you are removing the booth, would you remove the
>cars, the person, the light standard and its reflection.  :-)
>
>And maybe you could remove that tree, so we can see the church?
>
>Of course, I might not be kidding, as I once removed a couple of
>vehicles from a car park in a landscape. Oh, my!
>
>Actually, I think #038 is quite lovely as it is...
>
>Moose

I got into this on Photo.net a few years ago with a "photographer" who said
a telephone pole and its lines had no business in a picture of San
Francisco. The shot was at night through a bunch of trees and only meant to
demonstrate the views I have and treasure of the cityscape after hours.
Anyway, over the years I've come to more or less actively incorporate this
sort of "noise" in my work as the best way of dealing with something
otherwise impossible to deal wuth. But don't take my word for it. Come over
here one evening and try to make a picture of some building without a pole
or a line in it somewhere. Just try!

Tris

P.S. I thought #38 was a good shot. too.