[OM] Re: [OT]British Language

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]British Language
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:09:09 +0100

On 7 Feb 2005, at 18:06, Simon Worby wrote:

> Winsor,
>
> Off-forum. You might be interested in the attached. Not directly
> related

Attachment automagically nuked by listserv!

> to civil liberties, but a very interesting section on the UK seat belt
> laws. It's amazing how politicians can "make things fit to suit them",
> particularly when both political parties are complicit in the lies
> (which we also had rather recently with the 45-minute threat, too).

Could we get back on-topic, please? Political threads tend to
degenerate the debate of the list since it's an area where (i) everyone
has their own opinion (ii) typically localized anyways and thus (iii)
much better fora for discussion exist than the Olympus-list.

The next poster on this thread will be sentenced to a fine of one Zuiko
100/2 + 90 days of forced labor at the Olympus Wyomig-factory....and
know this: noone ever came out of the Wyomig-factory alive.....

The List Mom