[OM] Question about Olympus Ecru...

Subject: [OM] Question about Olympus Ecru...
From: Glenn Stauffer <alaxsxaq@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:58:22 -0500
Question about this.  I bought one for a friend who I felt would
appreciate the strange little beast, but I can't get it to load film.
It sounds like it is trying when you put the film in with the leader
properly positioned, but the film doesn't load and the camera displays
the 'E' after a few seconds.

Question I have for anyone with one of these or any other Olympus
auto-load camera is whether I should definitely see the take up spool
spin if I trip the door catch without closing the door or whether some
other switch controls the take up spool.  The camera makes the same
noises whether I close the door or trip the catch, but the takeup
spool does not spin when I trip the catch with the door open.  Looks
like it is broken to me.

Thanks.

Glenn