[OM] Re: Great grey owls invade Minnesota; OM photo op?

Subject: [OM] Re: Great grey owls invade Minnesota; OM photo op?
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 08:06:29 -0500
Dean:
The Great Grey Owl invasion has also occurred in the Ottawa region (E.
Ontario, Canada) this winter.  They tend to "hop" from one tree top to
another on the hunt for their favourite prey - voles. So far, I have
only seen one, at dusk. However, those who live to the west of Ottawa
(I'm on the other side) have had a great time watching them.  They do
not usually come even this far south (may be further south than N.
Minnesota) unless there is a food shortage where they normally live.
They have made the newspapers here too, with some impressive photos to
boot.

Martin.