[OM] Re: Slightly OT Tokyo recommendations

Subject: [OM] Re: Slightly OT Tokyo recommendations
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 20:06:01 -0800
Scott Gomez wrote:

>That's sure a true statement. People are always amazed at how far LA is
>from here (and I'm not all that far from you Siddiq). And they're even
>more dismayed to find out that getting to it often takes far longer than
>the distance would seem to indicate.

I think that's more or less true of all major metro areas. My SO's
sister and family line "in Boston", but it took over an hour to get
there from the airport at 10pm, probably at least an hour and a half in
afternoon rush hour. Certainly the SF Bay Area covers a lot of
territory, and getting bigger all the time. Santa Rosa used to be out in
the country; now I hear it refered to as part fo the Bay Area. Modesto
will be next. :-)

Moose