[OM] Re: E1 vs E300

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs E300
From: "David Irisarri" <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:03:56 +0100
Dear Barry,

If you work with Photoshop I highly recommend buying E1 camera. Its KODAK
KAF-5101CE CCD was specially designed for E1 and I think it has much better
dynamic range and noise is much lower than E-300. I think E-300 takes
KAF-8300 and this CCD has a lot of noise, specially into shadows!!! Go for
E1, it´s a superb camera and lenses, wow! Have a look to dpreview comments
on ZUIKO DIGITAL MACRO 50 F2!!!

The optimum 'test lens', a sharp fast prime lens the 50 mm F2.0 Macro was an
obvious choice for us when comparing Four Thirds digital cameras to other
D-SLR's. As you can see from the results below it's amazingly sharp even
wide open (F2.0) and maintains fairly good resolution through to F14. We
found it's optimum sharpness to be around F5.6 / F6.3.

And if you want to get into trance ;-) Have a look to this picture, it was
taken with best prime lens of the world ;-)
ZUIKO DIGITAL 150 F2
http://homepage.mac.com/faustpeng/.Pictures/Olympus%20E-1_12/P1229024_Original.jpg

If you want to have a look to my gallery at MFT, here it´s the link.
http://www.myfourthirds.com/user.php?id=218&page=user_images

Dave