[OM] (OM) Zuiko 50/2 macro lens performance

Subject: [OM] (OM) Zuiko 50/2 macro lens performance
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 00:44:30 +1300
Hi all,

I want to thank Moose, Cy in the UK, and Gary Reese, for being very helpful
on this matter in the last day or two.

I have now seen data for this lens that I probably would never have seen.

Now I have the challenge of relating MTF values and split image contrast test
results to "lines per mm" values. I have grown accustomed to visualising just
what l/mm values actually mean in terms of lens resolution, but MTF values
are something I have not been able to relate to so far.

It is interesting that, according to what I have read in issues of Pop Photo
during the last couple of years, that they still assess the l/mm vales for
lenses, even if they don't publish them. They prefer to use Subjective Quality
Value charts. But sometimes they let slip out, just what the actual l/mm
values are for the lens they are reporting on.

Thanks again, Brian