[OM] Walking on water

Subject: [OM] Walking on water
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:59:05 +0000
Everything here is covered with a half inch of ice, so, technically, venturing
out is walking on water that just happens to be frozen.  I may be out of place
giving advice to those of you who habituate the more frigid climes, but I'm use
to abuse, so I'll steel myself for the derision and guffaws likely to come.

I went out and about to fill up a couple of bird feeders, to see if the morning
paper had been delivered (it hadn't), and just to see how well the Yaktrax
things work.  I slipped them on my Meindls and tromped about as sure-footed as
a mountain goat, strolling up a fairly long and steep ice-covered driveway like
I was taking a stroll on a sunny summer day.

http://www.yaktrax.com/

OM content: If you're wearing these while walking on water (frozen), you're
less likely to fall and damage an OM or a Zuiko.  Not to mention yer ass/arse,
which the older I get, the more care I take of it.

I have no connection with nor any interest in Yaktrax except as a satisfied
customer.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from