[OM] Re: What's so good about the Zuiko 50/2 ??

Subject: [OM] Re: What's so good about the Zuiko 50/2 ??
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:41:03 -0800
Brian Swale wrote:

>My particular interest however, is about performance, especially definition,
>as a macro lens.

The only thing close to real info about this that I've seen is Gary's
info and Pop Photo reference that I just quoted. Based on that, I would
not choose the 50/2 for macro performance. If I had to pick just one
macro lens to keep, it would be the Kiron 105/2.8. Second would be a
really hard choice, but very likely the 50/3.5, especially if edge to
edge focus and lack of distortion fo flat subjects is important. It's a
great lens at what it was designed to do.

Moose