[OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question

Subject: [OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:08:06 -0600
Quoting Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx>:

> I agree completely.  I've got three OM-4s and three
> OM-4T(i)s, and I choose which to use based solely on what
> kind of film it's loaded with, since I often have four or
> five bodies loaded with different emulsions.  IMO, the
> F280 is pretty much a failed idea, not worth the effort
> to fool with, so even for flash, they're all equal.  And
> the battery drain bugaboo thing is greatly exaggerated by
> some.  Two of my three OM-4s are of the so-called
> battery-eating variety, and with fresh 357s, they go 6-8
> months, with regular use, on a pair.  Big deal!  I can
> feed them both for a year for the price of one roll of
> Plus-X.
>
> Walt

I think the OM-4 is one of the best values out there.  But I
think it is nearly the equal of the 2S in terms of the risk
of getting a flawed one.  I don't think I'd buy either a 2S
or a 4 from anyone other than a list member or KEH.  I'd be
much more inclined to take a eBay dive for a 4T. I may be
overly cautious about making the buy, but that shouldn't be
interpreted as saying anything bad about a good, working
version of either the 2S or 4.  I love 'em both (my 4 gets
the Kodachrome 25 till death do them part).

Joel W.