[OM] Re: Dodgy seller on ebay

Subject: [OM] Re: Dodgy seller on ebay
From: "robert smith" <robnruth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:30:41 -0000
Hi Simon,
I have not been on this list very long. It is very interesting and has
persuaded me to go out and buy far more equipment than I should have.

The details of the dodgy lens:
The Ebay Item 'Olympus OM-System F.Zuiko Auto -T 1:4.5 F:300mm Lens'
Was described as  'Used but in excellent condition together with leather
case.'
I do not know if this link will work for you
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3866714020&ssPageN
ame=STRK:MEWN:IT
The Lens iris remained open even when pressing the preview button or
actuating the lever the camera uses to do this, whatever f stop. This lever
was so free to move it was if it were not connected to anything inside.
The focusing would bind up solid at about 15m so you could not get much of
the range.
The bayonet fitting was the worst condition I have seen on a lens.
The lens looked like it may have been dissasembled at some point.
I would say that this is definitely not  'Used but in excellent condition'
and definitely breaks any ebay contract to buy it.
So I left politely without the lens or paying him.

His ebay ID: ds7740

He seemed most supprised that I was able to get his phone number to contact
him.
Ebay sent me an automated message with his email address.
He used his company name as part of his email address.
Put this company name into google and hey-presto you get address, phone etc.

This is true and accurate

Rob