[OM] Dodgy seller on ebay

Subject: [OM] Dodgy seller on ebay
From: "robert smith" <robnruth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:55:05 -0000
I 'won' a Zuiko 300mm f4.5 lens on ebay yesterday. I was concerned that the guy
had no ebay history and obviously spent no time on his ebay name.
I decided to put on a low bid and 'won' it for £122.  Being very suspicious I
asked if I could drive and collect and pay cash. Good job I did. I found that
the iris did not open or close at all and the lever for the camera to do this
slopped around as if parts inside were missing. The focusing would only move
from min to about 15m and then stick solid. I told him that 'completely
useless' is not the discribed 'excelent condition' and he appologised saying he
had not noticed these faults. Hmmm...Yeah..ok.  Needless to say I left without
it and kept my money.
I have details of the dodgy chap if anyone is concerned you may have spotted
another dodgy item.
I did not include these deatials as I did not know if you 'Name and Shame'

Rob