[OM] Re: Simple questions about T45

Subject: [OM] Re: Simple questions about T45
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:03:23 +0000
A couple of years ago, in a moment either of boredom or temporary madness, I
set out to calculate T-stops on all my medium and large format lenses, 20+ in
all.  To do this, I set a 16x19 in. light box in a vertical position, put the
lens to be calibrated on a Crown Graphic on a tripod 12 in. away, then measured
off the ground glass with a Sekonic Digi Master L-718 meter, using the Pinpoint
Attachment L-718PP, which is intended for exactly such measurements.

Guess what!  I quit after the sixth or seventh lens, having failed to discover
any discrepancy greater than 0.2 of a stop between the marked f-stop and the
measured T-stop.  Hardly worth bothering to note.

I've got a couple of 5x7 in. pieces of ground glass I've kept around for years
just in case I ever break one.  I suppose I could cut out a small piece to
cover the film plane of an OM body, set everything up, drag out all the Zuikos
and see if...

Nah, I don't think so.  Once on that fool's errand was enough.  Maybe there's a
bigger difference with the Zuikos, or some of them, but it's not going to keep
me up nights worrying about it.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from