[OM] OT: Germany; private eBay feedback (was: Re: Brand new OM-3Ti, you

Subject: [OM] OT: Germany; private eBay feedback (was: Re: Brand new OM-3Ti, you know where)
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:52:49 -0000
Julian Davies wrote:

> It's now easier for ordinary people to move from Germany to
> England than it was in 1940.

Indeed. But I interpreted the "in Germany" bit as meaning "still in
Germany". I think eBay have changed things so you can advertise in a
country other than your own.

> <snip> Maybe he moved and didn't
> want to lose the invisible feedback, so didn't re-register
> from .DE to .co.uk
>
> Anyway what's this "private feedback" malarkey about? Are
> Eb*y really going mad?

You can easily do it here, too. It's not specific to Germany.

I have considered it. If you buy and sell you might not want folk to see
what you paid for something you are now selling again. Also, if you want
to buy, how shall we put it, "unusual" stuff alongside more everyday
stuff, you can protect your personal privacy with "private feedback".

Regards,

Simon