[OM] (OM) Fungus in lenses

Subject: [OM] (OM) Fungus in lenses
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 23:48:52 +1300
Hi all

Interesting discussion in recent digests.

I just bought a Zuiko 28/3.5 for $14 NZ delivered (that's about $9.50 US) with
light fungus.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=20576376

I've had it sitting in the sunlight (Yes we now have some at 28 deg. C ) to
slow things down, and in the very near future it goes in to be cleaned. The
fungus is rather light and I suspect not too old.

If I don't keep it (I already have 3 28mm lenses - Kiron f/2, Zuiko f/2, and
Sigma f/2.8) I can give it to my son. I gave my daughter a Sigma 28 for
Xmas. I can stop this crazy business any time.  Really.

Apart from the light fungus, the lens is in fine condition and the glass is
unmarked. Too good a condition for me to risk damaging it through my
clumsy attempts to gain entry.  A neat *little* lens.

Brian