[OM] Re: OM to E adaptor, Oz perspective

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E adaptor, Oz perspective
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:35:34 +1100

> John Wheeler <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> These buggers (Oly, Oz) are really asking for it.  Any decent model
> engineer worth his salt can produce lens adapters without too much
> trouble. Come to think of it, all he needs is a seven inch lathe (and
> I've got one of those), about thirty years of machine shop experience
> (and I've got that), and a six inch rotary table (I haven't got one of
> those - yet).
>
> Now, any orders?
>
> John, (still with vestiges of soluble oil under his fingernails),

Yes, technically this is not difficult, especially when you consider that the
MA-1 does
not have any linkages for aperture position and aperture stop down between the
body
and lens ends.  To make it easier you can cannibalise much of the adapter from
cheap OM mount teleconverter (plenty of these available really cheaply at
camera
shows).

The EOS to OM adapter is probably a bit more difficult as it needs to be quite
thin.

By the way, can any MA-1 owners tell me if there are any electrical contacts on
the
adapter (don't recall seeing any in images on the web) ?

John, do you think this is doable for less than $US175 a piece ?

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com