[OM] OM1n and Lenses

Subject: [OM] OM1n and Lenses
From: "robert smith" <robnruth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:20:27 -0000
I have now re-subscribed from home as I was getting no work done at work.
Previously subscribed as robsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx

It seems I need to invest a bit to get a reasonable kit together to cover most
things I would like to photograph.
I think this is the main reason why I was a bit dissapointed with my OM10.
I often had a great subject and lighting but only had the two lenses which
never brought out what I could see.

Getting my OM1n into good shape is high on my list.
I will also get some more Zuiko lenses.
This is where I would like some guidance.

Zooms
Hopefully I am buying a 35-70mm f3.6
I have a 100-200mm f5 which is quite dusty inside and a bit rough and slightly
loose on its zoom slide but seems to work ok, but not economically viable to
have it overhauled.
It may be better for me to get another zoom from 70mm up. Any views on this?

Prime Lenses
I have a very tidy 28mm f2.8
I am getting a 50mm f1.4 to replace my f1.8 with a tiny flake chipped off one
of the lenses deep inside.

I design race cars and occasionally go along and watch. I like to take pictures
of the cars in action but I am quickly realising that there is a reason for the
very expensive lenses on photographers cameras and I should stop attempting
this with lesser equipment. I do, however, go cycling with our local club and I
can get conciderably closer to the action.

Is a 135mm f2.8 a good lens?
I have sat peering through my 100-200 set at about 135 to see what situations I
might use such a lens.
I have concluded that it would be within my price range and a good lens to get
and that I should stop trying to take pictures which need the longer more
expensive lenses. I can always get a longer lens later.
Presumably the 135 f2.8 be far brighter and easier to focus than the 100-200 f5
which I struggle with?

Rob

Robert and Ruth Smith
robnruth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx