[OM] Re: Archiving Digital Images - was Re: Oh yeah, now I remember

Subject: [OM] Re: Archiving Digital Images - was Re: Oh yeah, now I remember
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:49:38 -0800
> Subject: [OM] Archiving Digital Images - was Re: Oh yeah, now I
> remember
>
> Has anyone found a good way to archive digital images?

Last year, I went from 260+ CD-ROMs to under 40 DVDs.

Part of the job of archiving is periodic media changes.

Don't throw out your film. I'm in the process of selectively
re-scanning 2700 spi scans at 4000 spi.

> Having spent most of the summer fighting an erratic disk failure each
> time I tried to put a 250GB hard drive in my computer.

I'll just be quiet, rather than get everyone mad at me again.

:::: Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have
guided missiles and misguided man. Martin Luther King Jr.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/02CJDBGF>