[OM] Re: How to sell your PEN FT -- or is a result like this common?

Subject: [OM] Re: How to sell your PEN FT -- or is a result like this common?
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:24:05 -0500
Cc: AndreasPirner@xxxxxx
Andreas,

That price is actually pretty average.

The black FT body is about a Ex rated (from KEH) and should bring about
$300-350 in today's market alone.  More if it's nice shape, up to $600.  But
this one's got light, normal use marks.  "Brassing: of the black camera parts
is seen first typically in the end of the wind lever, which you can see from
this camera.

The 38/2.8 "pancake" lens is one of most desirable lenses in the Pen line
outside of the super-rare 400 and 800.  It usually sells for $300-400.  The
other two lenses that bring that much would be the 38 Macro and the 60/1.5
(there's also a very rare 38/2.8 non-pancake, but it doesn't show up much and
requires a real collector to pay for it).

So for a total of US$588, the package is very reasonable.  It could probably be
broken up with the buyer making $100-300, depending on resale.

Skip